İstanbul Kültür University Architecture PhD Program is designed not only to specialize in a particular subject, but also to begin an academic career with a research culture. In the program, compulsory courses are designed to form a framework of mental research, and elective courses are designed to improve the candidates in their field of interest. The doctoral candidate is encouraged to specialize in his/her own field within the discipline of architecture. Architecture PhD Program will provide the candidate with the ability to conduct independent research, interpret scientific events from a broad and deep perspective, and identify the necessary steps to achieve new syntheses. Students who successfully complete the program are expected to fulfill one of the qualifications of bringing an innovation to science, developing a new scientific method, or applying a known method to a new field.
Period of Study
Admission with master’s degree: 4 Academic Years (8 Semesters)
Admission with bachelor’s degree: 5 Academic Years (10 Semesters)
- The medium of instruction of the Architecture PhD program is Turkish.
- Architecture PhD Program is 240 ECTS in total.
- In order to graduate, students must prepare a “PhD Thesis” in addition to the normal course load.
- It is required to take the ALES score and get a minimum score of 55 from the quantitative score type; take YÖKDİL exam and get a minimum score of 55 or an equivalent score from an exam accepted by the Interuniversity Board.
Program Opening Periods:
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters
In order to graduate from the Ph.D. program, at least one article must be published in a national or international peer-reviewed journal or accepted for publication, or the full text of at least one publication must be published in the proceedings of a national or international congress or accepted for publication before the submission of the dissertation. For detailed information...
(Starting from 2018-2019 Fall Semester)
İstanbul Kültür University Department of Architecture is structured within the framework of providing the individual with the responsibility and skill of thinking, questioning, seeking answers and restructuring to the individual who will continue his life-long architectural education. It aims to educate researchers and practitioners who are equipped with the necessary knowledge in the context of theory and practice in the graduate programs that will form the continuation of this understanding of education. In addition to gaining the ability to conduct research with scientific methods, it aims to provide the ability to access information, evaluate and interpret the information. In this respect, training the graduates who are required at national and international level, equipped with advanced technology, modern art and advanced knowledge are the primary objectives of the program.
In this context, the aim of PhD program is to provide students with the ability to conduct independent research and to examine, question and reach new syntheses with an in-depth perspective. The thesis to be prepared as a result of doctoral study should fulfill one of the qualifications of bringing innovation to science, developing a new scientific method and applying a known method to a new field. In this context, it is aimed that the Architecture PhD program will enable the student to reach new syntheses by developing new perspectives in the field of architecture. In this process, it is aimed that students will maximize their scientific contribution by using their experience.
Doç. Dr. Esin KASAPOĞLU
Head of Department
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- First installment of Tuition Fee,