The aim of the Urban Design Master’s Degree with Thesis is to provide the candidates who wants to specialise on urban based environment with the up-to-date and sufficient knowledge enough to intervene the urban environment and to develop the application ability through design methods and techniques with their urban design projects. Within this context the main goals of this program include; to increase the methodological and theoretical information level about the urban design, to develop the application ability for the enhance the spatial quality of the urban areas, to follow the abroad applications and developments with the co-operational work, to provide the necessary skills and information infrastructure about the definition of the problem and solution of it.
Period of Study
Program with Thesis: Program with Thesis 2 Academic Years (4 Semesters)
- The medium of Urban Design Master’s Degree with Thesis is Turkish.
- The program is a Master’s Degree program with thesis.
- The Urban Design Master’s Degree Program with Thesis is 120 ECTS.
- For students who do not graduate from the related department, a "Preparatory Program" with a content and duration to be determined by the Department may be required.
- In order to graduate from this program, a “Master’s Degree Thesis” is required in addition to the course load.
- In order to apply to the program, it is required to take ALES exam and get a minimum score of 55 from the qualitative score type.
Program Opening Periods:
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
It is impossible to think Architecture apart from its context, in other words the city. Cities and the living conditions offered by the cities due to the high population they host bring the knowledge of urban design to the surface as a vital issue in today's conditions. Urban design, which finds application at the scale between architecture and urban planning, is a discipline aimed at improving the physical form and spatial quality of cities. It works at an intermediate scale where planning has finished and architecture has not yet begun. The Urban Design Master’s Degree Program of IKU Department of Architecture is presented as a program in which the knowledge and skills needed to fill the gap between these disciplines are acquired.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Esin Kasapoğlu
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- The First installment of Tuition Fee,