Architectural Design Program aims to deepen the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired in design courses after undergraduate education and enable students to establish a relationship between various contemporary social and design problems in design issues. The aim of the course is to provide a multidimensional and interdisciplinary education in the fields of architectural design from design theories to technology, from philosophy and art to economy, from social dynamics to urban changes. The main objective of the course is to provide the student with a broad knowledge of different fields and to equip them with knowledge that can be used correctly, analytically, originally and creatively in the design process. With this awareness, Architectural Design Master’s Degree Program is created with a rich content and diversity.
Design theories, Critical view in architecture, Contemporary architecture problems, Space organization, Political economy of space, Cinema and architecture, Earthquake resistant housing design, Ecological building design, Housing policies are some of the research areas.
Period of Study
Program with Thesis: 2 Academic Years (4 Semesters)
Program without Thesis: 1 Academic Year (2 Semesters)
- The medium of instruction in Architectural Design Program is Turkish.
- The program is a master’s degree program with/without thesis.
- Architectural Design Program is 120 ECTS with thesis and 90 ECTS without thesis.
- Graduates of a 4-year undergraduate architecture program can apply to the Architecture Master’s Degree Program. Graduates of 4-year Interior Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Industrial Design undergraduate programs can also apply.
- For students who do not graduate from the related department, a "Preparatory Program" with a content and duration to be determined by the Department may be required.
- In order to graduate, students must prepare “Master's Thesis” in addition to the normal course load.
- In order to apply to the program, it is required to take ALES exam and get a minimum score of 55 from the qualitative score type (Program with thesis).
Program Opening Periods:
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
The Department of Architecture of İstanbul Kültür University is structured within the framework of providing the individual with the responsibility and skill of thinking, questioning, seeking answers and restructuring to the individual who will continue his life-long architectural education. It aims to educate researchers and practitioners who are equipped with the necessary knowledge in the context of theory and practice in the graduate programs that will form the continuation of this understanding of education. In this context, Architectural Engineering, master’s degree program with thesis aims to provide the student with the ability to access, evaluate and interpret information by conducting scientific research. In addition to gaining the ability to conduct research with scientific methods, it aims to provide the ability to access information, evaluate and interpret the information. In this respect, training the graduates who are required at national and international level, equipped with advanced technology, modern art and advanced knowledge are some of the objectives of the program. On the other hand, the aim of the program is to deepen the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired in design courses in the undergraduate study and to enable students to establish a relationship between various contemporary social and design problems in design issues.
Doç. Dr. Esin KASAPOĞLU
Head of Department
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate, (ALES certificate is not required for Non-Thesis Programs)
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- First installment of Tuition Fee,