The aim of the Private Law - Sports Law Master’s Degree Program Without Thesis is to educate students who have efficient and qualified information in all sub-branches that are covered by the sports law in the national and international field by addressing the developing sports law in theoretical and practical aspects under a certain discipline.
Due to the new needs arising from economic, political and social reasons in the changing world, the law regulates more areas and the existing provisions are amended. The aim of this program is to go beyond the essence and basic principles of law taught at the undergraduate level and enable lawyers and people from other disciplines to follow developments in the world, determine needs, generate ideas and be effective in legalization movements. This skill will be gained by the students with active courses to be carried out in the program.
Sports Law Master’s Degree Program Without Thesis will begin accepting students in the fall semester of 2018-2019 academic year with its extensive curriculum and experienced academic staff, in which the theories and practices related to working life from various law disciplines are combined. As the Sports Law program is a master’s degree program without thesis, it aims to provide information about the relationship between sports and law not only to lawyers but also to people who have been trained in other fields. For this reason, people who want to work in the management, media, marketing and other fields of sports can apply to this program.
Program without Thesis: 2 Semesters
- The medium of instruction in Sports Law Master’s degree program is Turkish.
- The program is a master’s degree program without thesis.
- Sports Law Master’s Degree Program consists of 90 ECTS.
- In order to graduate, students are required to prepare “Term Project” in addition to the normal course load.
Program Opening Periods: Applications to the program are accepted in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Disputes encountered in sports activities, which are now accepted as an economic, social and legal phenomenon, become economic, legal and sometimes complex issues concerning more than one issue. Some of the important contributions of the Program are the ability to provide effective and result-oriented solution proposals, to evaluate the disputes with a perspective in line with the national and international rules, and to provide solutions to the parties with qualified theoretical and practical knowledge in sports law which is now accepted as an industrial field and created itself an independent field with sui generis rules, principles and practices and other related disciplines. There is no doubt that the program will be beneficial to the candidates who want to increase their knowledge and experience in the field of sports.
Prof.Dr. Merih Kemal Omağ
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate, (ALES certificate is not required for Non-Thesis Programs)
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- The First installment of Tuition Fee,