Developments in the industry and technology, opening new business areas, practices threatening the safety and health of employees in workplaces and inadequate measures constitute an important problem in our country. It became an inevitable necessity for our country to open an occupational safety non-thesis program due to the obligation to employ an occupational safety personnel with the law no 4857, and the low number of employees trained in Occupational Health and Safety in our country.
The Occupational Health and Safety Master’s Degree Program aims to provide graduates who are able to identify problems, produce analytical solutions and apply these solutions in the field, and gain knowledge and competence in the areas of improving working conditions, protecting and restoring employee health.
Prof.Dr. E. Müge ÇETİNER
Head of Department
Period of Study: 3 Semesters
- The medium of instruction is Turkish.
- A total of 30 national credits are required.
- In order to graduate, students must prepare “Term Project” in the program in addition to the normal course load.
Program Opening Periods
Applications to the program are accepted in the Fall and Spring semesters.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate, (ALES certificate is not required for Non-Thesis Programs)
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- First installment of Tuition Fee,