The aim of the Mathematics and Computer Science Master’s Degree Program is to train experts who can develop and manage the sub-branches of mathematics that are used together in developing systems in the modern world. In addition to advanced theoretical mathematics courses, advanced programming techniques, code theory, optimization techniques, approximation techniques, quality control, regression analysis, system design, advanced statistics are covered to train researchers and practitioners who are free, creative, equipped with skills to build models, have the mathematical thinking power, knowledge on mathematics and computer and to give the necessary academic knowledge and skills.
Graduates of Mathematics - Computer department can work in the information processing and planning departments of public and private institutions; in companies specialized in programming, system analysis, technical support, web design and software; in banking and insurance fields; in stock exchange, finance and capital market intermediary institutions; in companies that need experts in the field of statistics; or in universities as academicians.
Program with Thesis: 2 Academic Years (4 Semesters)
- Medium of instruction in the Mathematics and Computer Science Master’s Degree Program is Turkish.
- The program is a master’s degree program with thesis.
- Mathematics and Computer Science Program consists of 120 ECTS.
- For the students who do not graduate from the related department, a "Preparatory Program" with a content and duration to be determined by the Department may be required.
- In order to graduate, students must prepare “Master’s Thesis” in addition to the normal course load.
- Students must enter ALES exam and get a minimum score of 55 from the quantitative score type,
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
The basis of human culture is language and mathematics is a special linguistic activity. In this sense, mathematics, which is one of the extraordinary achievements of written and oral culture of humanity, constitutes the infrastructure of theoretical computer science as a common and universal language. Based on this perspective, Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences aims to provide students with the basic and advanced knowledge of the science branches which the department’s name is based on, with undergraduate and graduate programs. Our department will reach its goal if it manages to raise self-confident individuals who can stand on their own feet and have scientific notions and ethical values.
Prof. Dr. Mert Çağlar
Head of the Program
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- First installment of Tuition Fee