Industrial and Organizational Psychology is a program that aims to develop knowledge and skills in recognizing, analyzing human behavior in business, understanding the interaction of human behavior with other organizational variables and directing behavior for human happiness and productivity of enterprises. In other words, it aims to share with you the current information and application examples of how the characteristics such as personality, attitude, values, motivation interact with the variables in the enterprise in the starting from recruitment and produce results at the individual and organizational level.
Industrial and Organizational Psychology Master’s Degree Program with thesis was opened in 2012-2013 Fall semester with its experienced academic staff and wide curriculum where the theories and applications related to working life from various disciplines are combined. Graduates of Psychology and Guidance and Psychological Counseling can apply to the Industrial and Organizational Psychology program.
Period of Study
Program with Thesis: 2 Academic Years (4 Semesters)
- Medium of instruction in the Industrial and Organizational Psychology Program is Turkish.
- The program is a master’s degree program with thesis.
- Industrial and Organizational Psychology Program consists of 120 ECTS.
- In order to graduate, students must prepare “Master's Thesis” in addition to the normal course load.
- To enter ALES exam and get a minimum score of 55 from the equally-weighted score type,
Program Opening Periods
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Enterprises, which are the driving force of change and development in the century we live in, can gain competitive advantage as much as they can effectively use human resources. Effective use of human resources necessitates benefiting from the accumulation of different disciplines understanding the human which evolves from the ‘homo-economicus’ approach to “social capital” in the work life.
Traditional industrial psychology examines all the behaviors of employees in the enterprise from the moment they start their business life, while organizational psychology deals with the individual and group dynamics that affect their workspaces. Industrial and organizational psychology includes many different topics such as recruitment, training, different fields of work, absenteeism, aberrant behavior and discrimination in the workplace, encouraging group work, and increasing employee motivation. İstanbul Kültür University Industrial and Organizational Psychology Master’s degree program provides a strong background for both psychology graduates who are considering an academic career and psychology graduates who want to work in the field, with its applied courses and research-based thesis study.
Assist. Prof. Ece Naz ERMİŞ
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- First installment of Tuition Fee,