English Language and Literature Master’s Degree Program provides an advanced theoretical foundation in the field of English literature and allows students to improve in line with their own interests through elective courses.
Students deepen their knowledge of the history of literature and genres of literature, better understand the critical approaches to literature and culture, develop their skills in review, interpretation and communication.
Graduates can do a doctorate in English Language and Literature and work in higher education institutions. Their literary knowledge, language, interpretation and research skills enable them to work in many different areas where this equipment is in demand.
- Some of the applicants admitted to the Master’s Degree Program in English Language and Literature may be required to take the Scientific Preparation program in order to overcome their deficiencies. The department determines the required courses to be taken from the English Language and Literature Undergraduate Program.
- During the Master’s degree program in English Language and Literature, applicants are required to complete 60 ECTS credits and to complete a 20000-word graduation thesis (60 ECTS) on a subject approved by the department.
Our graduate program offers advanced English Literature education in a contemporary, original, universal, comparative and interdisciplinary perspective for those who want to increase their knowledge in the field of English Literature, improve their experience in this field and conduct academic studies.
Our program offers a theoretical foundation to graduate candidates wishing to specialize in this field and provides the opportunity to deeply research and study the history and literary genres of English Literature, to advance their knowledge of theoretical approaches in literature and culture, to develop analytical thinking and communication skills. In addition, students can specialize in specific subjects in line with their personal interests with the variety of elective courses offered.
In the light of these opportunities, the main objective of our Master’s Degree Program in English Language and Literature is to enable students to produce original ideas by following scientific rules and to support them to conduct original academic studies.
Prof. Dr. Işıl BAŞ
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- First installment of Tuition Fee,