İstanbul Kültür University Computer Engineering Department offers two Master’s Degree Programs, Thesis and Without Thesis, to the graduates of a 4-year undergraduate or equivalent program. Admission requirements for these programs are presented below under APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION section.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction of the Master’s degree program with and without thesis is Turkish. However, the program without thesis requires English knowledge to read and understand English sources and the program with thesis requires English knowledge to follow scientific publications in the field and to carry out written studies when necessary.
The courses in the Master’s Degree Program are usually offered between 16.00 and 19.00 on weekdays. However, a limited number of courses are offered at different times depending on the requirements.
Objectives of the Master’s Degree Program without Thesis
The program without thesis aims to reinforce the knowledge acquired by the graduates in undergraduate education with subjects within the field of Computer Engineering and Sciences, to solve Computer Engineering problems, and to increase their ability to design systems and develop applications.
Graduates of the program without thesis are expected to specialize in at least two areas and gain competence through one term project prepared in one of these areas.
Objectives of the Master’s Degree Program with Thesis
The program with thesis aims to educate graduates of the Computer Engineering or the undergraduate program listed in SPECIAL ADMISSION in the fields of Computer Engineering and Sciences with a proficiency in both professional and academic contexts.
Graduates of the program with thesis are expected to gain basic and current knowledge in their fields of interest and specialize in one of them by doing a thesis study.
Thesis and term project studies in Computer Engineering with and without thesis focus on the Development of Software Intensive Systems. In addition, studies are also carried out in the following areas.
- Software Engineering
- Big Data Analysis
- Artificial Learning
- Computer Networks
- Operating Systems
- Cloud Computing
- Natural Language Processing
SPECIAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Master’s Degree Program with Thesis
- To graduate from one of the following Undergraduate Programs: Computer Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Electronics-Communication Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Mathematics-Computer.
- To be successful in the science exam (foreign students are exempted).
- Students who are found to have deficiency in the science exam or graduates of different undergraduate programs may be asked to take courses from the Scientific Preparation Program.
Master’s Degree Program without Thesis
- To graduate from a 4-year Undergraduate Program.
- To be successful in the science exam.
Transfer from Master’s Degree Program without Thesis to Master’s Degree Program with Thesis
- To fulfill the special admission requirements specified for the Master’s Degree Program with Thesis.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application, candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs,
During the final registration, students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Certificate of Residence,
- Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- First installment of Tuition Fee,