The Communication Arts Master’s Degree Program provides students with the opportunity to specialize in Public Relations and Advertising in the academic sense. In this context, the graduate program equips the students with the ability to conduct scientific research by providing them with a broad knowledge of the basic theories and practices in the field of Public Relations and Advertising. In the department, we train individuals who are able to perceive and analyze the cultural indicators of contemporary society and analyze these indicators, follow and interpret the changes and innovations in contemporary social life in the fields of media, culture, art and communication. The courses are associated with different disciplines, students' knowledge of the field is deepened and they are given the opportunity to concentrate on the areas they are interested in and where they want to improve themselves through elective courses.
Period of Study
Program with Thesis: 2 Academic Years (4 Semesters)
•Medium of instruction is Turkish.
• The program is a master’s degree program with thesis.
• The program consists of 24 credit/hours.
•For the students who do not graduate from the related department, a "Preparatory Program" with a content and duration to be determined by the Department may be required.
• In order to graduate, students must prepare “Master’s Thesis” in addition to the normal course load.
• To enter ALES exam and get a minimum score of 55 from the verbal score type,
Program Opening Periods
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
As the Department of Communication Arts, we see all our students as our colleagues and aim to train them as experts in the fields of “Advertising” and “Public Relations”.
In our program, education is provided in “Advertising” and “Public Relations” fields, the most important areas of the age which offer a wide range of opportunities on a wide range.
The Communication Arts Master’s Degree Program aims to educate students who are regarded as the leaders of the future with the theoretical knowledge and expertise to direct global markets by transferring professional knowledge about the fields of “Advertising” and “Public Relations” with a strong and most importantly experienced academic staff.
In the Communication Arts Master’s Degree Program, students receive an integrated education program in their fields with compulsory and elective courses such as Advertising, Public Relations, Brand and Identity Creation, Visual Semiotics, Media Readings, Communication Consultancy, Effective Communication and Marketing Communication.
Elective courses in the program are shaped according to the student's own area of interest in line with the principle of “being student-oriented in education”. Communication Arts Master’s Degree Program is the only department that provides education in the fields of “Advertising” and “Public Relations” under the name of “Communication Arts” with modular system.
Graduating from the Communication Arts Master’s Degree Program will open the way for “specialization” in the fields of “Advertising” and “Public Relations”, which will help the students to progress academically and be one step ahead in their profession. We wish you to find what you are looking for and succeed in the Communication Arts Master’s Degree Program…
Prof.Dr. Işıl ZEYBEK
Head of the Program
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates)
- 6 passport photos,
- Certificate of Residence,
- Foreign Language Certificate for PhD Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- First installment of Tuition Fee,