Project Management, also known as “Construction Project Management”, is an independent program that has been carried out in the construction industry for nearly fifty years. “Construction Management” is a widely accepted field not only in construction practice but also in higher education, and there are many undergraduate, master’s degree and doctoral programs in the world where this profession is taught.
Since 2000, İKÜ Civil Engineering Department has been providing Project Management program at master’s degree and doctoral levels for 18 years. The program is carried out by 4 Professors, 4 Assistant Professors and 1 Dr. Instructor who have completed their masters and doctorates in this field. There are students who graduated from different disciplines and different universities in Turkey in the Project Management Master’s degree program. In addition, there are many students from other universities and departments participating in the program on course basis.
Period of Study
Project Management Program with Thesis: Minimum 4 Semesters, Maximum 6 Semesters.
Project Management Program without Thesis: 3 Semesters
- The medium of instruction is Turkish.
- It is a master’s degree program with/without thesis.
- The program consists of 120 ECTS.
- To enter ALES exam in the last five years and get a minimum score of 55 in the score type of the graduate* program applied for.
- For students who do not graduate from the related department, a "Preparatory Program" with a content and duration to be determined by the Department may be required.
- In order to graduate, students must prepare “Master’s Thesis” (Program with Thesis) or “Term Project” (Program without Thesis) in addition to the normal course load.
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
İstanbul Kültür University Civil Engineering Department conducts its education, training and research activities with the awareness of being a leading institution in the society. Our students carry out realistic design and application projects in order to ensure that they are successful in their professional and social lives, and work environments are created in which they can gain experience about solving the problems they may encounter in business life. Our students are encouraged to organize and participate in activities that will improve their scientific, professional, social and cultural skills and knowledge, and they learn business ethics, respect for nature and society in line with the curriculum.
The academic staff of our department consists of distinguished scientists who are recognized in their field and engaged in education, training and research at up-to-date and international standards. Our faculty produces joint projects with universities, public and private institutions and industrial establishments in Turkey and abroad and tries to contribute to the social welfare of our country as well as the scientific and technological developments in the world.
I would like to thank all our academicians who contribute to our engineering education, administrative staff, and especially hard-working, skillful, rational students whose contemporary structures are a source of pride for us, while proudly expressing that our graduates continue their professional lives as competent professionals in their fields in the twentieth year of our establishment.
Prof. Dr. Ahmet Murat TÜRK
Head of Civil Engineering Department
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate, (ALES certificate is not required for Non-Thesis Programs)
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- The First installment of Tuition Fee,