The aim of Construction Master’s Degree Program is to be an academic unit that provides education to the students in the field of structural engineering based on up-to-date information and techniques, that raises engineers/researchers who can think analytically, carry out teamwork and interdisciplinary studies, and contribute to scientific studies at national and international level.
The main fields of study of the Construction Graduate Program are:
- Structural dynamics, earthquake engineering, dynamic analysis methods, strengthening of structures.
- Design applications in reinforced concrete structures, performance-based design, computer aided design,
- Matrix methods, finite elements, nonlinear solution methods, structural reliability.
- Optimization of building systems.
- Advanced building mechanics applications.
- Analysis and design of steel and composite structures, industrial steel structures, steel high structures.
Period of Study
Construction Master’s Degree Program with Thesis: Minimum 4 semesters, maximum 6 semesters.
Construction Master’s Degree Program without Thesis: 3 Semesters
- The medium of instruction of the program is Turkish/English.
- Construction Master’s Degree Program is a Turkish/English master’s degree program (Thesis/Without Thesis).
- The program is 120 ECTS in total.
- Students must take ALES exam in the last five years and get a minimum score of 55 in the score type of the graduate* program applied for. (Program with Thesis)
- For students who do not graduate from the related department, a "Preparatory Program" with a content and duration to be determined by the Department may be required.
- In order to graduate, students must prepare “Master's Thesis” (Program with Thesis) or “Term Project” (Program without Thesis) in addition to the normal course load.
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
İstanbul Kültür University Civil Engineering Department conducts its education, training and research activities with the awareness of being a leading institution in the society. Our students carry out realistic design and application projects in order to ensure that they are successful in their professional and social lives, and work environments are created in which they can gain experience about solving the problems they may encounter in business life. Our students are encouraged to organize and participate in activities that will improve their scientific, professional, social and cultural skills and knowledge, and they learn business ethics, respect for nature and society in line with the curriculum.
The academic staff of our department consists of distinguished scientists who are recognized in their field and engaged in education, training and research at up-to-date and international standards. Our faculty produces joint projects with universities, public and private institutions and industrial establishments in Turkey and abroad and tries to contribute to the social welfare of our country as well as the scientific and technological developments in the world.
I would like to thank all our academicians who contribute to our engineering education, administrative staff, and especially hard-working, skillful, rational students whose contemporary structures are a source of pride for us, while proudly expressing that our graduates continue their professional lives as competent professionals in their fields in the twentieth year of our establishment.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ahmet Murat TÜRK
Head of Civil Engineering Department
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Certificate of Residence,
- Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- The First installment of Tuition Fee,