The construction sector, which has a constantly changing technical and managerial framework, requires professional structures that require consciousness and expertise by stepping out of the usual processes in the production process. In this context, the architects who will take a professional role in the sector are expected to have the knowledge to adapt to the developing technology with the understanding of construction management discipline. İKÜ Department of Architecture Construction Management and Technology Master’s Degree Program is based on educating professionals who have high level of management and technical expertise and use current building technologies effectively in the complex building.
For this purpose, the courses in the program are divided into two main areas: Project and Construction Management and Construction Technology.
Construction Management or Construction Projects Management has been a field of activity for nearly 50 years all over the world. Construction management is a generally accepted field not only in construction practice but also in higher education. It is important that the actors (architects, engineers, project managers, etc.) who will take a professional role in the sector have an understanding of Construction Management discipline. Raising tomorrow's leaders in the construction industry with high level of management and technical expertise are the objectives of the project and construction management.
In the construction sector, there is a need for educating professionals who are able to keep up with the ever-changing technology, have the knowledge of construction technologies and design, construction methods and building materials, have the awareness that less natural resources and energy should be consumed in order to leave a livable environment to the new generations, and who are conscious about energy use and environment.
Cost estimation, planning and control, Management and organization principles; Project and construction planning; Quality concept and quality management in Design and Construction; Construction methods, techniques, materials and structures; Construction reporting and documentation; Energy conservation in artificial environment are some of the research areas.
Period of Study
Program with Thesis: 2 Academic Years (4 Semesters)
- Medium of instruction in the Construction Management and Technology Program is Turkish.
- The program is a master’s degree program with thesis.
- Construction Management and Technology Program consists of 120 ECTS.
- 4-year undergraduate architecture graduates can apply to the Master of Architecture Program. Graduates of 4-year civil engineering undergraduate programs can apply to the program.
- For the students who do not graduate from the related department, a "Preparatory Program" with a content and duration to be determined by the Department.
- In order to graduate, students must prepare “Master's Thesis” in addition to the normal course load.
- To enter ALES exam and get a minimum score of 55 from the quantitative score type,
Program Opening Periods:
Applications to the program are accepted twice a year in the Fall and Spring semesters.
İstanbul Kültür University Department of Architecture is structured within the framework of providing the individual with the responsibility and skill of thinking, questioning, seeking answers and restructuring to the individual who will continue his life-long architectural education. Construction Management and Technology master’s degree program aims to educate researchers and practitioners who are equipped with the necessary knowledge in the context of theory and practice to form the continuation of this education understanding. The aim of the program is to provide the students with the ability to access, evaluate and interpret the information through scientific research, and to have qualified graduates who are equipped with advanced technology and knowledge needed at national and international level with the ability to conduct research with scientific methods. The main objective of the program is to educate professionals who have the knowledge to adapt to the developing technology with the understanding of construction management discipline, have reached sufficient level of management and technical expertise, and use the current building technologies effectively in the complex building.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Esin Kasapoğlu
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION TO ALL PROGRAMS
During the application candidates must bring the following:
- Copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Copy of Transcript,
- Copy of ALES Certificate,
- Certificate of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 2 passport photos,
- Copy of the Identity Card,
- Copy of the Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs,
During the final registration students must submit the following:
- Certified copy of Diploma or Temporary Graduation Certificate,
- Certified copy of Transcript,
- ALES Certificate, (To be printed out at the Institute.)
- Original of Military Service Status (For male candidates),
- 6 passport photos,
- Certificate of Residence,
- Foreign Language Certificate for Ph.D. Programs, (To be printed out at the Institute)
- The First installment of Tuition Fee,